Everyone would love to have naturally smooth and blemish-free skin, but sometimes we have to give nature a little boost to improve the appearance of our skin. A chemical peel helps renew your skin as well as diminish spots, scars, and expressions lines. This anti-aging treatment is one of our specialties at DermaClinic in Coral Gables.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a technique that’s used to improve the look of your skin. During a chemical peel treatment, your skin is cleaned and prepped. A chemical solution is then applied to the skin, causing your skin cells to exfoliate and eventually peel off. Your new, regenerated skin is usually smoother, brighter, and less wrinkled.
What Are the Benefits of a Chemical Peel?
There are several benefits of a chemical peel treatment:
- Refreshes the skin, improving the tone and texture.
- Reduces discoloration caused by sun damage, spots, and freckles.
- It treats mild skin imperfections, areas of dryness, and scarring.
- Removes fine lines and wrinkles.
- It reverses skin breakouts.
- It stimulates healthy skin cell growth.
- The procedure is quick, lasting just under an hour.
How Many Chemical Peels Do I Need?
For the best results, we recommend multiple peels. It’s best to do a chemical peel every 4 to 6 weeks depending on your individual needs. If you have troubled skin such as acne, you may have to schedule a peel every two weeks to maximize your results. You may see some redness occur and you should avoid direct sunlight for a few days after your treatment.