Traditional hair removal methods, such as threading, waxing, shaving, or using hair removal lotions and creams come with their own limitations, and may not provide the desired aesthetic outcome.
More importantly, the results are short-lived and you must go through the uncomfortable routine at frequent intervals in order to maintain skin appearance.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal treatment is an efficient and sustainable way to eliminate unwanted hair in different parts of the body. It involves the use of laser energy to destroy the hair follicle in a targeted manner with aesthetically appealing, natural-looking and long-lasting results.
The key to success with lasers, however, lies in choosing a marvelous med spa that is equipped with cutting-edge laser technology. In addition to that cutting-edge technology, it must be paired with a skilled laser treatment provider who can deliver the desired outcomes in a safe and predictable manner. For successful laser hair removal in Coral Gables, the med spa should also have laser devices with the capability to treat all skin types with equal efficacy.
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
Some of the major laser hair removal benefits over traditional alternatives include:
- Results are long-lasting, and in many cases, patients may even experience permanent hair removal in the affected sites.
- Unlike traditional treatments, laser hair removal has little risk of causing irritated skin or painful ingrown hairs.
- Laser hair removal is a versatile solution and can eliminate hair in hard-to-reach areas as well as sensitive skin sites such as the face, bikini line, underarms, around the ears, legs, and back.
- The treatment can be performed with high precision, without causing any damage to the healthy surrounding tissue.
- You can save time and effort because you will no longer be struggling with traditional ways to get rid of unwanted hair every now and then.
How does it work?
Your laser hair removal expert will direct the laser beam over the affected site to target the melanin (dark pigment) in the hair follicle. The melanin will absorb the beam of light, which will deliver intense heat energy into it. The heat will destroy the unwanted follicle, thereby stopping future hair growth.
Your laser treatment provider will explain to you that hair growth occurs in cycles. This means that your first laser treatment will destroy the hairs that are in their current growth cycle. To make sure that all the unwanted hair follicles are eliminated during their respective growth cycles, you may need to go through about three to six treatment sessions.
You can space each treatment a few weeks apart to capture the targeted hairs during their active growth phases. Your provider will formulate a customized treatment plan, after taking into account the number and size of the areas to be treated, as well as your personal cosmetic goals.
An experienced laser hair removal treatment provider will calibrate the laser device carefully for power, size and pulse frequency in order to optimize the procedure. The length of a treatment session can vary according to the size of the area being treated, and your hair color and skin tone.
Premier Laser Hair Removal Is Waiting For You At Dermaclinic in Coral Gables